Friday, February 6, 2009

Recipe Friday: Bacon and Tomato Cups

Several years ago, I found this recipe on AllRecipes when I was looking for something to make as an appetizer for a family get-together. Everyone loved them so much, but be careful about making these for family. Ever since that day, I have been summoned to make these at almost every gathering now. Luckily they're easy to make! After making this recipe so many times, I've modified the ingredients slightly to preference and have included my recipe version below. I hope you enjoy!



Ingredients:

1/2 pound bacon
1 small tomato, chopped
1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
1 can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuit dough (I use the flaky layers kind)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a mini
    muffin pan with shortening or nonstick cooking spray.

  2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until evenly brown. Drain
    on paper towels. Crumble bacon into a medium mixing bowl, and mix with
    tomato, onion, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and basil.

  3. Separate each biscuit into 4 equal quarters. Roll each quarter into a
    ball and use a lightly floured tart shaper (or fingers) to form the dough
    into little cups in a mini muffin pan. (I keep a little bowl of flour nearby
    to dip the shaper in each time before shaping so it doesn't stick to the
    dough) Then fill each biscuit cup with the bacon mixture.

  4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven , or until golden brown.
*** I usually double the recipe and it yields about 5 dozen bacon cups.

6 Comments:

Jen February 6, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Oh, that sounds good. I can see why it is a hit.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us February 6, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Oh, now THAT is perfection if I ever saw it.

MGF February 6, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

The snow below looks so cold.
But these look they could warm a belly.

Stacy February 6, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Everything is better with bacon! Those sound sooooo yummy. I will have to give them a try for the next appetizer I need to make. Thanks for sharing!

Cara February 10, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

I know first hand how good and addicting these are.

Jaimee February 11, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

OMG....those sound SOOOO good!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP