Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Theme Thursday: Cold

The pictures for this week's theme were taken yesterday morning after our first "real" snowfall of the season in our area. Although I think snow looks beautiful, I am definitely not a fan of the cold. I am ALWAYS cold, it seems. I have a portable heater running at my office desk all year long. In the winter it is cold for obvious reasons. In the summer, it feels just as cold as the winter since they crank the air conditioning so much. I remember being a kid and absolutely loving the snow. Everything about snow was great - you could build snowmen, make angels and if enough fell overnight, school would be canceled so you could enjoy it even more! But now the only "fun" I have in the snow is shoveling it. Luckily my wonderful hubby does that almost all of the time for me! If the snow could fall in about 50 or 60 degree weather, I'd be fine! :) But since that will never be the case, I'm still looking forward to Spring.




Go visit The Land of K. A. for more themed photos.

8 Comments:

Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Cold but beautiful!

Amy Jo February 5, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Maybe you live in my neck of the woods! Nice captures. I like how in the second photo, because of the snow covered the cars, you could be anywhere in time! Nice captures!

Jen February 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Definitely looks cold. Beautiful photos.

Stacy February 5, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

Beautiful shots! I love these captures...it looks so peaceful and beautiful.

BTW...I'm the same way. I have a heater in my office at work! It's on even in the summer since it gets so cold from the a/c.

Christina February 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Ooooh, it is lovely!

Colleen @AMadisonMom February 7, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Gorgeous shots!

I agree with you... I think snow is beautiful. I love snow... as long as I can look at it from inside. I hate this cold weather. Bring on Spring!

Cara February 10, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

I love the second shot, I like how that large branch looks like it is reaching across the road.

Jaimee February 11, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I like the perspective of that second shot. And, I enjoy seeing pics of snow since the snow is only a once of year dusting around here!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP