Friday, March 5, 2010

100th Day Celebration

After being cancelled twice due to all of the snow we recently got, Emily finally had her "100th day" celebration at school. I had never heard of such a celebration, but I didn't ask and just went with the flow. Emily had to decorate a T-Shirt with 100 objects to represent the 100 school days they've had so far. I thought it was a crazy regional thing, but I've read other blogs that talked about it as well so I guess it's done all over - who knew? Anyway, my mom came down to visit last month so I gave this task to her so she could have a little creative bonding time with Emily. Below is a picture of what they ended up with after all the gluing, sewing, etc.

The shirt isn't the only highlight of this picture, though. Notice the little "tuft" of hair in the middle of Emily's hairline. No, that's not extra-long "baby hair"; that's the result of Emily taking a pair of scissors at her after-school program and cutting her hair. I asked her, "Why on earth would you cut your hair, Emily?" She answered, perfectly calmly, "Because it keeps going in my face." Logical, right? I could have strangled her! Now she keeps complaining that "it looks weird when I wear a headband" and "the kids are going to laugh at me." I just keep nicely reminding her that she is the one who cut it. I'm going to call the hairdresser to see what can be done, but I'm sure we'll end up having to get bangs cut all around (or "fringe" as my British hubby calls it). She's never had bangs before, so who knows how it will turn out. To make things worse, Emily is the flower girl in a wedding coming up May 1st. There's never a dull moment...

Emily_100Days

4 Comments:

Cara March 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Her shirt is awesome! I love the texture you put on the photo.
Cutting your hair as a kid is a rite of passage, most kids take the scissor to their hair at some point in one way or another. She still beautiful!

Colleen @AMadisonMom March 5, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Zoe has never done that. Now that that's been said I'm going to go around the house and make sure I have collected and hid all of the scissors!!!

I am sure she will look adorable with bangs. And... if she/you don't like them... hair grows.

butterflyamanda March 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

love emily's shirt it's so cute!!! hugs amanda

Megan March 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

better she get the self-hair cut out of the way now; i remember a girl in junior high who did that...it looked pretty similar, and believe me, 13 year olds will comment a lot more than the younger set ;). she looks adorable!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP