Thursday, April 22, 2010

Team-Up Thursday: Texture

Jody and I had a very busy week and only decided on our theme of "texture" yesterday. Luckily, I'm a seasoned procrastinator and work well under pressure. :) We figured that since texture is everywhere it wouldn't be hard to grab a shot around the house last night. I love the way our shots fit together this week. There are obvious differences, like how Jody's shot portrays more of a "hard" texture and has several items in the shot compared to the "softness" of the blanket and my shot focuses more on a single shape on the blanket. I chose to convert my shot to grayscale (except for the heart which I left pink) and I loved how it coordinated with the rocks: most of them were gray, but a few have slightly pink tones. Even one of the rocks in the pic (toward the left-center) seems to have a heart-shape to it, but that may just be my imagination!

Texture

Check out Megan and Melody to see more Theme Thursday shots.

7 Comments:

Megan April 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

yes, these definitely work well together. you pointed out the soft vs. hard, and i do see a hint of a heart-shaped rock in there!

Cara April 22, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

I was going to say that I swear one of her rocks looks like a heart. I love how you processed your shot, it has a "feel" to it.

Jessie April 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Those both look fabulous together! And I agree with you that one of the rocks in the middle resembles a heart. Sweet!

Unknown April 23, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

I love how you think outside the box! LOVELY pictures! They go so perfectly together. I am ever so excited you are going to be joining us on our photo walk in Philly! I know we will have the best day! Welcome!

Killlashandra April 23, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

I definitely like the comparison of hard and soft textures. Your conversion to a soft grayscale totally works. Looks great!

Maura April 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

I see the heart rock too. Great pics! Thanks for the book tip--I got it for Christmas two years ago and still have yet to go through it. At least I have all the right tools! Now I just need the extra time. Is learning to shoot in the manual mode that hard? I know that's what I have to figure out first, right?!?

Arizaphale April 25, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

This is one of my faves this week. I saw the heart rock too! The greyscale conversion works really well, even for a sweater!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP