Monday, April 27, 2009

Best Shot Monday: English Football

Here is a shot of my first experience watching a live English football match while visiting last month. What a day! It was a bit chilly outside, but the sun was shining ever so brightly at the beginning of the game. But following the rules of typical British weather, the weather changed just like that halfway through the game when the ominous clouds started to roll in across the sky. Just then, the sky opened and the heavy downpour of rain began, soaking us in a matter of minutes. Just when I thought there could be nothing worse than sitting there in the cold wet rain, it started sleeting. This lasted for almost a half hour or so and after the game we had to walk to the car (which was about 2 miles away by the way) feeling as though we had peed our pants. Lovely! It was definitely a game I will not forget anytime soon!



For more Best Shot Monday pics, head over to Mother May I

5 Comments:

Cara April 28, 2009 at 1:16 AM  

I am so proud of you for posting! I love the shot, I like how you froze the action.

traceyclark April 28, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

holy beckham! that's an incredible shot!

traceyclarkagain April 28, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

OK, it might not be becks but I had to say it anyway. : ) what do i know?

Unknown April 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

That's an amazing shot!! You are an impressive photographer!

Jaimee May 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Wow, Shelly, Awesome capture!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP