Sunday, January 9, 2011

52 Weeks of Me: Week 2 (Reflective Surfaces)

This week's theme for Cara and Jessie's 52 Weeks of Me project was "Reflective Surfaces." I had a little harder time than I would have thought. I looked in regular mirrors, driver-side and rear-view car mirrors, retail shop windows, etc. and didn't like any of the photos I was getting. I didn't spend a lot of time outside this week, so most of the shots I was experimenting with were indoors and I just didn't like the light. Then last night I was resting my head at the dining room table while the kids were coloring. I looked down, saw my reflection in the table and thought, "Last hope of getting a shot!" This is how it turned out below and you can check out the others in the Flickr pool here.

Week2_Reflection

7 Comments:

Colleen @AMadisonMom January 9, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

I love it. Definitely a slightly different take on reflective surfaces. Much more subtle.

(I actually saw it on Facebook first and was going to comment there... and thought better to come here!)

Corey~living and loving January 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

very creative. well done! I like the angle of the shot as well.

Kimberly January 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

The angle and the smile on your face totally make the picture. That's definitely thinking outside the box for reflective. ♥

Angela Friend January 9, 2011 at 5:02 PM  

This one was hard for me too...it is tough getting the right angle with your body and the camera! You did a beautiful job..that is such a creative idea!

Cara January 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

There you go getting all creative on me again! You rock Shelly, and I love how you think outside the box!

Jessie January 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

I just love everything about this shot - especially the lipstick :)

jillconyers March 3, 2011 at 5:07 AM  

Awesome shot! Love the reflection.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP