Monday, February 7, 2011

52 Weeks of Me: Week 6 (At Arms Length)

"At Arms Length" was Cara and Jessie's theme this week. I honestly thought it was going to be easier. I kept trying to hold the camera out at different angles, but I was having a hard time keeping my arms steady. I took this shot while visiting family this weekend, and of course I had to bring the heaviest lens to attempt this! Then, when I finally was able to steady the shot, I would check the viewfinder and see that my facial expressions looked weird. I ended up snapping the below shot in my last attempt. It was first thing in the morning...no makeup and hair not done. But it was one of the few with a more natural expression. Did I mention yet that I despise taking pictures of myself? :) Someone tell me why I signed up for this torture! Haha. Check out the others in the Flickr pool here.

Week6_Arm'sLength

5 Comments:

Jessie February 7, 2011 at 7:21 AM  

Because although you had a bunch you threw out that shot is so beautiful! Your kiddos are going to remember that smile because they have seen it so many times. I love this selfie!

Jen February 7, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

It is really hard to look natural. I am still very much struggling with it too. This shot turned out perfectly. You have such a beautiful smile.

Cara February 7, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

I love how simple the background is so you really see you. We have got to get together soon!

cynthia February 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

I think this is a beautiful self-portrait. You captured a completely natural smile and I love the composition of the photo. Great job.

BTW - I struggle capturing a genuine smile from me , too. I don't smile in most of my selfies because of this. The only time I've captured a natural smile was when my kids were goofing around in the background or in front of my camera.

Ma Kerry February 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

You always have a warm smile and a kind word (well, except maybe for S) to say - I think that this photo captures you perfectly.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP