Monday, November 24, 2008

Best Shot Monday

















I was gathering photos from when Tyler was born up until now to make a digital photo book when I came across this picture. I took this when he was a week and a half old and I can remember like it was yesterday the way he would curl up and snuggle in my arms. He would lay there for long periods of time like that until it was time to eat. Now he is 11 months old and is as squirmy as ever! I try to hold and snuggle with him, but he either tries to climb on me or arches his back way back to pretend he's falling. This makes him "belly laugh" and it is the funniest thing to see.

I can't believe after looking at him in this picture that he is going to be a year next month already. Where has the time gone? He is just growing up so quickly. For the past couple of weeks, he started standing on his own for about 5-10 seconds at a time and then would drop down to a sitting position. Then tonight after his bath, we were playing on the floor and he took his first steps towards me!! Emily was in the room and started screaming at the top of her lungs, "Daddy look! Tyler walked to Mommy!" She was ecstatic to say the least. After giving him much praise, we stood him up and he took like 2 or 3 steps on his own again a few more times. I tried to get my camera to capture him standing, but as if he knew, he refused after that point to even stand on his own and just started rubbing his eyes and played the "tired card." Any other time I would have been happy that he wanted to go to bed so I could get a little down time to myself, but I was trying to capture a picture here, darn it! Oh well, maybe next time...

3 Comments:

Cara November 25, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

Go, Tyler! I can't believe he is almost a year old.

Christina November 25, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

Oh! He is just a darling little peanut there!

Rose November 25, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

That picture is so sweet, it is crazy how fast the time seems to fly by.

Harrison loved being swaddled all the up to 7 months.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP