Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yummy, But Messy!

A fellow blogger, Momology mentioned a photo contest that 5 Minutes for Mom had posted. The theme is "Fun with Food."


Her photo was adorable and made me think about my own daughter, Emily during her 1st Birthday party. She had her first experience with something that sweet and absolutely loved the Elmo cake I had baked for her. She couldn't get enough - just kept stuffing it in!

She paused for a few seconds (which I caught in the photo below.) You can see by her cake-stuffed cheeks that she'd had enough, but yet it seems by her expression that she is comtemplating about going back for more! What was I thinking - red AND black icing! Even after scrubbing vigorously, her poor little face was stained a reddish hue for a couple of days. This was such a memorable photo of that day for me so I thought I'd share it and enter it in the contest for kicks. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Cara November 10, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

That is such a classic shot. How long did it take you to get all the icing off of her?

Christina November 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Ooooh! Now that is darn cute! My girl was surprisingly hesitant with her first birthday cake.

Congrats on entering the world of blogging! You will love it. And I love your title - so clever!

Alicia W. November 11, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

That's a great one!! Good luck. :o)

PMKU November 14, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

Great shot - Thanks for your entry!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP