Thursday, January 29, 2009

Theme Thursday: Project

I just had to share this project for Stacy's Theme Thursday...although I cannot take credit for any of it! I had been mentioning for the longest time that I would love a scrapbooking room so I can have a central place to store all of my supplies and have them accessible so I'll be able to scrap more often.

My husband took on the task a few months before Christmas. The room initially had an archway instead of an actual door that it looked like the previous owners had never finished. The wall leading up to the archway wasn't even a true sturdy wall like all of the other rooms in the house. They had a games cabinet that they built and the back of the cabinet was the wall. Stu knocked down all of this and started from scratch.

Once he built the frame for the door and hung the drywall, he locked the door and I wasn't able to see any of the progress on the inside. He didn't let me pick out any of the colors, furniture, decor.....nothing! I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive the whole time this was going on. I mean, how in the world does he know what furniture/accessories I need in a scrapbooking room! I noticed him peeking through some of my scrapbooking magazine and the Michael's ad in the Sunday paper every once in awhile.

It was getting closer to Christmas and I kept asking him when he thought the room might be finished. He was working on it as much as possible, in between work, part-time school, and helping out with the kids. He told me it should be finished by the end of January.

Then came the surprise. We were opening our gifts on Christmas Eve and I unwrapped what looked like a jewelry box. When I opened the box, there was a velvet pouch inside, and inside the pouch was a smaller wrapped gift. That gift turned out to be a key. I looked puzzled, and he finally told me it was a key to my scrapbooking room upstairs. I was thrilled!! It was totally unexpected because I wasn't expected it until late January. I immediately ran up the stairs and the door to the room was wrapped like a big present, complete with bow. I was speechless. He even built a little area (complete with pink chair) for our daughter Emily to craft with me. He also went to the computer where I store all of our pictures, and picked out and printed his favorites of the kids to hang in the frames he bought. What a wonderful hubby I have! So, although I didn't actually complete this project myself, I still wanted to share it with all of you so you could see the before and after shots. Enjoy!

Before


After






13 Comments:

Stacy January 29, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Oh dear Lord...may I borrow him??? He did a fantastic job and did it in such a sweet way. What a wonderful hubby to give you such a great place to craft. Love it, love it!

Oh, I must comment on what you said about your Mom. My grandmother thought the same way about my mom and my aunt. Neither one of them sews, so I made up for them to Grandma! :)

jamestownboys January 29, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

What a great room!!! Even better gift - wow!!!! Now there's no exuse for not getting some awesome scrapbooking done :)

Megan January 29, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

oh my, do you EVER have a fantastic husband -- what a glorious room!

Jen January 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

I am trying really hard not to be jealous. That room is fantastic. You do have a wonderful husband and that is the best gift ever!!

Killlashandra January 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

My word that is awesome! What a wonderful gift and surprise no less on Christmas. It turned out beautifully. :) I have hopes my husband is going to do something similar for the nursery for the new one to be born in June.

Have lots of fun scrapping!

Cara January 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

I am jealous too, I would love it. I would lock myself in there on a regular basis.

Jaimee January 29, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

Oh. My. Gosh. THAT is the most amazing gift from a hubby I've ever heard of!!! WOW!

MGF January 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

He is keeper. What a great guy to love his wife so much. Very thoughtful.
It is bright and cheerful and has windows.
Simply beautiful.

Kimberly January 31, 2009 at 12:01 AM  

Have mercy! I am duly impressed. That's one heck of a hubby you have there!

Lyn January 31, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

Like I commented before, this room is fabulous!!! Enjoy!!

Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

I love before and after reno photos and this is amazing. What's more amazing and wonderful is what your husband did for you. Incredible! Can he come and decorate my house? Wow!

edeenut February 6, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

what a sweat husband you have!! Very nice room.

Manoj C V February 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Thats amazing... WOW! Great! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP