Thursday, March 18, 2010

Team-Up Thursday: Close-Up

Jody and I decided to go with the group theme this week: Close-Up. I must admit - I thought it was going to be really easy to capture a close-up shot, but it ended up being a bit of a challenge. Originally, I was thinking of taking a close-up of something with a lot of detail or texture. I took a few shots, but they were all indoor so I wasn't happy with the outcome. Since the weather has been so beautiful lately, I decided to pop on my macro lens and go outdoors to try to capture the beginning of Spring. You'd think with the warmer weather the past few days I'd find a blossom of something. I searched a couple nearby parks, but everything was still pretty lifeless. I couldn't even find a tulip breaking through the ground. Anyway, I did find some nice color in this little bush I found. I have no idea what type of plant it is (my plant/flower loving mom would be ashamed). But hey, cut me some slack...I'm a photographer, not a gardener! Haha

It looks like Jody and I were on the same wavelength this week because she also chose to step out into nature to snag her beautiful flower shot. I like how both of our photos are angled in the same direction again this week and are in the same color family (pink/red). By the very direct lighting, it looks like Jody's shot was taken more midday, whereas my shot was captured towards the evening.

Close-Up

Check out Megan and Melody to see more Theme Thursday shots.

8 Comments:

Lyn March 18, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

Your photos are gorgeous, love the softball pics too, I can't believe how fast Emily is growing up! :)
My Project 365 is coming along... keeping most of my pics on Flickr. I think I have only missed two days so far. At first I was incredibly distraught about that, but then I realized, it's more important to just enjoy doing the project than stress about getting one each day!! I have a lot in my iPhoto I still need to upload to Flickr. Hoping to keep going! It's almost the end of March!
Happy Spring!

Megan March 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

gorgeous bokeh and the colors are lovely in both. lighting-wise, it's definitely easier to do these close-ups outside...that's why i ended up there, too :).

Killlashandra March 18, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

I totally agree with your comment about the angle of both shots. What a great match up. :) Both are great close ups of the outdoors all great reminders spring is coming.

Jen March 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

Such a nice coincidence that your shots are so similar. Makes for a great dip. I am SO ready for Spring. Your shot gives me hope that Spring will be here soon.

Rebecca March 18, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

These are beautliful. beautiful dof and boken in yours. Both are perfect together and great way to start the spring. Great job!

What Marty Sees March 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Isn't it amazing how these diptychs come together? Love the direction of both of yours.
C'mon Spring...hurry up and get here!

Jessie March 18, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

Beautiful match up and the bokeh - wow! Very nice indeed :)

Stacy March 19, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

Gorgeous shots, both of you! Love the texture you added to yours.

It is hard to find much for blossoms around here, too, but my iris plants are poking up out of the ground! Sure sign of spring!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP